February 08, 2012

❖Poe-tent Midnight Parables❖

A most unordinary anecdote begs be told
In order to draw closure my fears, lest old
Age accumulate wrinkled markings down
Around my face resulting in fretted frown
As to assuage my grumpy, repressive state
I'll retire now a most unnerving tale relate:
Spilled from dreams like eggs un-yolked,
Plunged into a waking daze, haze-soaked.
Eyelets flood with waxing textures flayed,
Drawled about precarious, senses swayed
Across the panoramic field brightly-hued,
As morphing lines circumscribe my view,
A panoramic field a'swarmed with ebbing
Endless caterpillars, wallpaper'd-webbing
Squirming about, cross-hatched, glowing,
Pulsating erratically, others ever-growing,
A flood of dread most flagrantly twisting
Tore into my heart upon worm-glistening
Enthrallment; at the behest of contracting
Corpuscles, crying out in agonizing frenzy
'Plagued!' A 10 Commandments' barrage;
Alas, my mother assures me- it's a mirage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment